Skip to main content

What we need is a sabbath year!

There are lots of possible solutions to the current economic problems. My solution is simple its time for a Jubilee year. As I explain this to several friends I said it was the cancellation of all debt. Everyone get a clean slate. I thought about this while doing my cross stitch and watching TV. I decided to look it up.

After a little research on this and I am wrong it’s actually time for a Sabbath Year or a year of release.

The Jubilee year shares some features of the regular seventh-year Sabbath, but there are marked differences. As to the Sabbath year, according to Deuteronomy 15:1, 2, there was a releasing from debt: “At the end of every seven years you should make a release. And this is the manner of the release: there will be a releasing by every creditor of the debt that he may let his fellow incur. He should not press his fellow or his brother for payment, because a release to Jehovah must be called.” The expression “at the end of every seven years” is understood as meaning ‘in the seventh year

This releasing from debt did not cancel the debt just allow you to not pay the debt for 1 year. This was a loving provision, especially since the land was not cultivated during the Sabbath year and, with no crops, there would be no income for the farmer during the year.

This is how this could work to help our economy. Everyone is release from debt for about 6 months to a year. This way you have your full paycheck to spend as you see fit. If you want to continue paying bill fine if you decide to spend it on food, clothing shelter fine, if you decide to spend it on big screen TV, game consoles, jewelry fine whatever you decided is fine. I feel this would stimulate the economy.

Or we can be released from all taxes; federal, state and local. By having the gross pay we will definitely be able to pay our regular bills and have money left over to buy the stuff listed above. This could also stimulate the economy.

On the internet site ehow.com when you type in the search How to Stimulate the Economy through your own efforts it list 6 different things you can do. Monkeysee.com has a video by Matthew Lesko, very funny I really like it...

I think my solution is just a viable as any other solution that is offered. Personally if I had no taxes taken from my pay I could have most of my debt paid in 1 year and I would then save some in an interest earning account and buy some things as well. What would you do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t