Saturday, June 12, 2010

I made this dress some week ago but I never gave the story. I have nothing new to show so here is the story behind this dress. I searched for 2 hours in my fabric closet because I as determine that I would not have a room that looked like the police has just searched it and left it for me to clean up . At the very bottom of the closet was this fabric that I knew that I had but forgotten. I decided this would be perfect for a graduation party that was semi-formal. It has been hot all that week and I wanted the dress to be comfortable.

Butterick 3516 I love this pattern but this was my first time making it. I also changed my mind about making this dress because I knew the fitting this would be a challenge. I did not change my mind this time and fitting it was a challenge.

The bodice was interfaced with a fusiable medium weight interfacing. Which was much to heavy for the lightweight cotton fabric. But it worked perfectly for the bust area. I got it to fit just right. The stiffness turned out to be an asset!


When I cut out the skirt I made the adjustments to the seams allowances and but somehow it did not work. It was too tight around my upperwaist but it needed to be tight around my upperwaist. After the 4th time I decided that I would wear and Bodyshaper and once I tried on the dress with that as the foundation it look fine.





The gold embroidery I loved. Not a lot to sequins I loved. Matching the pattern of the design I did not love so much. I am not really sure that I did a good job of doing that but that was the least of my worries. Once I got all the adjustments done and the dress looked the I wanted it to look when I had it on I was ready.

The flipflops were worn after dancing for a while. The shoes I worn as I made my entrance were these gold sandles.




Now I have to make the Hubby something to wear next time we go out dancing!

No comments: