Skip to main content

Life in a Scheduling Room

It has been some time since I felt it necessary to say anything about my job.  However this is something that i need to address at this time. 

My work associates range in ages and this diversity helps our department funtion in an ackward yet somewhat effective way.

  One coworker who is very verbal about everything that goes wrong.  You know when she is not well because she is quiet and there are times when she is very focus on what she is doing and if that concentration is broken so is her silence.  For the most part this does not bother me except when she takes me out of my zone and then my work rhythm is interrupted.   I am sure i am guilty of doing the same to her i think everyone does. 

Then there is next coworker a beautiful young lady that gives the impression of being younger than she actually is and so I have a tendency to feel like  need  to protect her.  That is something I had to stop doing it was not needed and i hope I did not offend her.  Her method working is not as productive as i would like it to be but i am not the one who sets the standards.

Then there is the veteran  she has worked there long time in different  departments.  She has given me many helpful tips in keeping the work off my desk.  however she does take a lot of shortcuts and often change processes to her advantage.  I hope the changes we put in writing will help to stop this from happening. 

I like the work environment there and i will really miss it but it time for me to go.  

Today I sent a email to my supervisor and her boss regarding the young beauty because she is often sleeping at her desk.  I have brought this to my supervisor attention and i guess she talked to her but i am not certain.  Then i went to her boss and reported the same.  She did talk to her because the my the young one told us so.  She never said if she knew it was me that told she just said she needs to be more careful and she was alert for a couple DAYS  and she was back at it. 

Well the veteran and the talker cant stand the sleeping, the lack of accountability, and general lazy way of working that young one displays everyday.  This does bother me but what bother me the most is her sleeping.   I can't say i am completely alert all the time but i know i am not sleeping at my desk.  There are time when the young one does not know what someone is sayingto her because she is just waking, and it has to be difficult to wake upand be capable to do the job.

I feel bad but i am tired of the childishness and the lack of anyone wanting to make clear stand so I made my position clear in writing.  My email was clear but not vindictive  I hope I can deal with the trama this is bound to cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H