Skip to main content

Art isn't easy

Art isn't easy is a line in the song from a musical " Sunday in the park with George". Bernadette Peters was in the play which is why I watched it. The title of the song is Putting it together. This has be redone by several people. Barbara Streisand 1985 Broadway CD and this was one of the songs on it.



These are not completely her words I changed some of them so it goes with the designing and sewing that you see on project runway. In fact this should be the song paying in the background when ever they put a compilation of all the project runway season together. Like a highlight film.

Art isn't easy.
even when your hot
creating art is easy
financing it is not

a vision's just a vision if it's only in your head
if no one gets to see it, it's as good as dead
it has to come to life

stitch by stitch putting it together
piece by piece
only way to make a work of art
every moment makes a contribution
every little detail play a part
having a just a vision's no solution
everything depends on execution
putting it together that what counts

inch by inch putting it together
small amounts adding up to make a work of art
first of all you a need a good foundation
otherwise its risky from the start
takes a little cocktail conversation
but without the proper preparation
having just a vision no solution
everything depends on execution

The art of making are
is putting to together bit by bit

link by link making the connections
drink by drink taking any comments as it comes
otherwise you'll find you creation
isn't gonna get much exhibition

art isn't easy
every minor detail is a major decision
have to keep things in scale
have to hole to your vision
what's a little cocktail conversation
if it gets the fund for your creation
everyting you start to feel defensive
Remember fabric is expensive

seam by seam building up the image
strut by strut keeping at a distance doesn't pay
still if you remember your objective
not give all your privacy away.

a little bit of hype can be effective
as long as you keep it in perspective
even when you get some recognition
everything you do you still audition

Art isn't easy
Overnight your a trend
you're the right combination
Then the trend's at an end
you're suddenly last your sensation

all they every want is repetition
all they really like is what they know
gotta keep a link with your tradition
gotta learn to trust your intuition
while you establish your position



Stitch by stitch putting it together
seam by seam working on the vision night and day
all it takes is time and perseverance
with a little luck along the way
putting in a personal appearance
gathering supportive and adherent's

drawing the designs but in addition
editing the part that imagination
with the part that strictly presentation
Balancing the money with your mission
till you have the perfect runway rendition
even if you do have the suspicion
that is taking all your concentration

The art of making art
is putting it together
bit by bit
seam by seam
cut by cut
yard by yard
inch by inch
stitch by stitch
bit by bit
and that's the state of the art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H