Skip to main content

At this point...

At this point I should have pictures of a completed or almost completed winter jacket. But as you can tell this is not the case.

We are entering flu season and because my position in the hospital clinic I have direct contact with patients so I get the flu shot. Even when I did not have direct patient contact I got the flu shot.



This is the first year that 3 weeks after getting the flu shot I got sick. I know I did not get sick from the shot I was infected because sick people do not stay at home when they are sick.

One Clinical staff come in sick, stayed 1/2 day and then when home because she could not work she was so sick.

Another Clinical staff came to work so sick she was walking into the walls. She had to be sent home.

My supervisor came to work sick and worked for 2 days before someone told her please go home.

My Coworker who shares my office space started getting sick on Tuesday, Wednesday she came to work but she said she was ok. Thursday she was having a hard time working Friday she left work early.

Friday I had a sore throat at 1 or 2 in the afternoon and by the end of clinic I knew I was sick because I was cold and nothing could warm me up. I was drinking hot water, not tea, just hot water. I had a heater at my feet and I could not get warm.

By the time I got home I was ill! My sewing weekend was ruin because I could not hold my head up.

The headaches were very intense, the congestion was all in my sinus. I was lightheaded and could not sleep because everytime I laid down the pressure build up in my head.

Finally I made a wedge of all the pillows I could find and slept sitting up.

Monday I was still having dizziness and congestions so I stayed home.

This morning I was no longer dizzy and did not have a fever so I went to work. I was not sneezing a coughing all over the place but I was not totally cleared of my illness. I went to work because one staff member was off this whole week.




It was explained to me that if I get worst and have a fever then I am to go to any of our hospital ER and show my ID badge explain that I have direct contact with patient and they will test me for the H1N1 virus.

It will take 3 days for the results to come back and I am to take PTO for thoses 3 days. If the result is Negative then I can come back to work.

If the results are Positive then I have to inform my supervisor of the test results and I am not to return to work for an additional 5 days using PTO for that time off or don't use PTO just don't get paid. Then I can return to work.

Actually I am more upset that I did not get to do my sewing. Well the weather is to be in the 70's tomorrow so I will not need a coat for tomorrow. Maybe I can start sewing tomorrow after work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t