Skip to main content

World Fest 2010

Friday I left work around 1:00, went home to finish packing up the things we would need for the weekend and we were on the road. My hubby decided he would come with me, of course this was because I explained with him or without him I was going and I told he that while I was on hold with the greyhound bus terminal getting a price on a round trip ticket.

We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 midnight I am so glad that I called and told them of a late arrival. The Marriott Louisville Downtown 3.5 stars! I Love price line 60.00 a night sweet deal! The room was paid for in advance so check in a breeze and checkout was the same.

The World fest was within walking distance 2 maybe 3 blocks away. The park is call the Belvedere but if you call it by the name none of the people who live in Louisville know what you are talking about but if you ask for the location of the World fest “It’s the park at the end of Fifth Street once you cross main you are there!” Once you get there you see signs that call it Belvedere.

There were 3 stages for performances, the Main Stage, Fountain stage and Fiesta Latina Stage.

We arrived around 11:00 and as we roam about you could see the festival had not started yet. The vendors were still setting up their tents and tables and some had not arrived at all yet. But we got a feel for the layout of everything so even if we got separated I felt confident I would be able to find him.

We made our way back to the entrance and found a spot on Main Street and waited for the parade. This was the kickoff that opened the festival. Soon I could hear the Louisville Pipe band leading the parade down Main Street. I thought of Robert Preston as Dr Hill with his marching band. I love marching bands.
Most of those walking in the parade held signs of their nation, in traditional dress and dancing traditional dances it was beautiful to see. Bangladesh, Philippines, Vietnam, Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Croatia, Bosnia, Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Spain and host of other with the United Nations Flag bringing up the rear of the parade.







After which we all went to the park to enjoy the Festival.



We watched the Vietnamese Lion Dancers at the main Stage, Camino Flamenco Dancers also at the main stage, Imani Dance Company at the Fountain Stage, Zumba at the Fiesta Latina Stage, Arco Iris Aztec/Mexico Dance at the Fiesta Latina Stage, Kyenne Drummers at the Fountain Stage and Salsa Rhythm Band at the Main Stage.

Each time we left one performance we checked out the food booths along the way. The food smells were wonderful some I recognized and other new but very tempting! The different booths of cuisine, Jamaican, Irish, Colombian, Italian, Cuban, Spanish, Ethiopia, Greek and so many others.

I was tired and I realized it was 5:00p.m. So back to the hotel we went to rest because I knew there was a big salsa party the closed the Fiesta Latina Stage tonight at 9:30 and I wanted to be there.

It was a party. On the Main Stage there was a band playing music that had an african singer, and india singer and american singer. The music was described as Funksic! they each took turn singing in there native language and it worked. We made out way to the Fiestia Latina Stage and it looked like everyong was dancing the salsa! It was so much fun!

This is our stand pose because hubby does not like to take pictures and I cannot find the time delay on my camera.
Now its time to get back to work creating accessories to fill my online store that I have yet to open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H