Skip to main content
Sew Perfect 4 Every Body
Goals vs Dreams
A conversation over Tea

Hello ,

If you read this blog at all you know it has been almost a year since I have posted anything.
Like so many things with me a lot of unfinished objects...projects...business.
I keep putting off the things in my life that I love .  I thought that i was trying hard to stop the trait but I
come to realize that is not so. I am my biggest obstacle. What is really bad is when I get the courage to
share something that i really want to do if that person makes the slightest  discouraging comment,
I am like what am i thinking.
WHY DO I DO THAT!
I am not really sure why that is.   Recently my husband had a problem with is knee it was swollen and painful.
 We go to the urgent care and then to the Emergency room next thing I know he is admitted to the hospital
and needs surgery to clean out an septic infection.  He would need to be 6 weeks off work.
He was top on my mind of course but the bills were like a animal crouching to devour us.
How to conquer that beast.  
I was looking a working at home options as a way to supplement my income so
that we do not end up homeless.  Everyone I spoke with thought this was a great idea.
I was not convinced that it was . But when i explained that I have skills that can earn money
everyone i spoke with was not as sure about this option.  Which is strange considering everyone of them
has had some custom dress, skirt, shirt, coat made my me for them and they loved it unless they are all liars.
Result is that I have decided to self promote my sewing business once again and make it work.
 I am determined to break the trait of self defeating attitudes. Please understand that is decision is one
that i have been playing around with for sometime.   I needed to have my own business and at one point i
decided it did not matter what kind of business. That was wrong I need to own a business that I love what I am
doing.


Sew Perfect 4 Every Body
Opened an instagram page.  Posted pictures of repairs and alteration .  Then posted pictures of UFO..and
completed them .   Posted project from prepping fabric, pattern tracing and progress pictures.   
People often give my their clothes that they no longer want and i used to keep these items for myself
well  I started posting these items to sell on ebay. Yesterday I got a email from someone who
wants me to custom make a dress for them.   I end my work day and come home to dinner that i either
already prepared or that Todd has prepared for me and then I am in my sewing studio sewing and being
happy and content.  This is the way a second job should be, actually this is the way a job should be. You
should enjoy your work and find pleasure in it. So that is what I am going to do.


One day my sister said something that i took to heart.  We were talking about people poor choices in
clothing for their body type.  She said “ When i see something that is shocking to me I just figure
she has the confidence to do something i don”t “   I have embrace this now when someone give me
that skeptical look, or says something discouraging I think “ I have the confidence to do something
that they don’t.”   This has gotten me going and I will have to find the determination to keep it going.

Goals and Dream



Goals and Dream should not be in competition with each other.  They should fuel each other.
Goals achieve means Dreams are realized.    I have a list of my dreams.
  1. Stress free… i know that life can be stressful at time but these stressful things are things that you cannot control.  What i can control is identifying what i can do and then do it.
  2. Live comfortably..I don't need the best of everything i need the things that help me to be happy and comfortable and content.
  3. Feeling energy.. I just want to be able to love waking in the morning and be inspired all day long and have the time to recharge when necessary
  4. Pain free…  physical pain emotional pain  need to be gone. I want to run, walk , live without limping
  5. Healthy and strong
  6. Work i love
  7. Strong relationship with husband, family and God.
  8. Earn enough money.  I just want to be able to purchase what i need without feeling i need to give up something else to do so.
  9. Make people feel good  When i smile sometimes i and get a smile in return and I hope that person who return the smile feel a little bit better than before.
  10. Full time pioneer  Best life ever
My list of Goals..
  • Run a successful seamstress business …  one day this should be the only work I do.  
  • Saving account with enough money to carry thru the tough time  like when your husband is off work for 6 weeks.
  • Regular clients  .. it would be wonderful if i had clients that when something something special is coming up they call me for the special dress!  
  • A work studio and dressing room for  my clients
  • Employees… a small staff of people for when my eyesight goes bad.
  • Sewing classes so i can help people to know the joy of making clothes themselves.
I am sure the list could go on but it is way past my bedtime and i really did not expect this conversation the last this long.   Thanks for listening my next post should be the newsletter that I will create to for new sewing students!
Learn something new everyday.

Gail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H