Skip to main content

crying on the inside.

Sunday, April 13,2008 @ 1:00 in the afternoon. My Uncle Bennie died.

He has been battling lung cancer for years. But the did not stop him from drinking or from smoking. When he had an stomach ulcer he stop drinking and when he had to use oxygen he stop smoking.

He looked like my dad, his brother. He talked like him and acted like him. He was always willing to listen when I did call him. I looked forward to his visits and I enjoyed visiting him. Any trips to or near MS I always visited him.

My father died of lung cancer. No bleeding, no Stroke he just died because the cancer was taking over. I remember sitting on my father hospital bed and him telling me that he felt guilty for his cancer. He felt that he had let all his daughters down and disappointed each of them by dying. I held his hand and told him that he had given us a firm foundation on which to build our lives. His words will always be with us to guide us and he did nothing wrong. He squeezed my hand and then he let it go. It was days later before he did die.

My dad took the time to learn what each of his daughters like to do. With me it was drawing or anything creative. He used to buy me the paint my number sets. I really like doing them. He always hung up the finish pictures on the wall in his room. With Stacey she like Jacks. He would sit on the floor with her and they would play strict game of Jacks. She loved that. With Bridget they talked alot together. Especially when everyone else had moved out and she still lived at home. Jodanelle he took her everywhere he went when she was a child. During the time he spent with us he talked to us about how we should be treated by men. Why is was important to be able to take care of ourselves. Most importantly stay close to your sisters. There are times when his words ring in my ears.

I was watching a video the other day and it was a daughter singing to her father. It made me cry on the inside.

Title of the song "YOU CAN LET GO NOW DADDY" by Crystal Shawanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

WHY DID I DO THAT?

We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there. I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting. ME arrived and went to work. H

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t