Skip to main content


We were awakened at 6:40 with the ringing of the telephone. Usually when the phone rings my Hubby turns to me and says " Are you expecting a call?" This time he just got up and answered the phone. His daughter was calling to tell him that her grandfather was vomiting blood. We immediately got up and dress and was at the house before the ambulance was there.

I just stood back and stayed out of the way. But that did not last long because Hubby did not know what to do. His father started with the " I don't want to bother anybody?" crap that he says when he thinks he is about to die. I just asked some questions. When did you start vomiting blood? 4:30 How many times did you vomit? Once maybe twice Where were you when you vomited? In the bathroom it's in the garbage can you can look at it. I went back into the living room and waited by the door for the ambulance to arrive. I told Todd tell the ME exactly what he said about vomiting.

ME arrived and went to work. He told them all the information and one of the ME looked at the blood in the garbage. They said it did not look to bad but he had to go to the hospital. Pap said he would go there later himself. The ME looked at Todd, he shook ed his head no. So they got the gurney and put him in the ambulance.
We were in the car waiting for them to pull of when the driver came back and said to my husband. "Do not try to follow me I will have the sirens going and you could get into an accident."

I am so happy He told my husband that because I could just see us in the red mercury mystique flying down the road like some action movie trailer.

At the hospital he vomited again this time lots of clots! They put the tube through his nose, down his throat to his stomach and turned on the suction. Once again lots of blood and lots of clots. The clots actually clogged the tube.

The doctor told us that he is going to be admitted to ICU and they had to stabilize him and find the source of the bleeding. When he stopped vomiting and was finally asleep we went home to take showers and make phone calls.

We went back to the hospital and visited in the ICU for 1/2 hour and then waited for the Doctor who was doing the scope. 1 1/2 hours later she came out to talk to us. There is lots of blood in his stomach. This is a giant clot that they could not move so they believe this could be the source of the bleeder but they will have to do a scope tomorrow hopefully the clot will have moved so they can see behind it. Since he was sleep from the medicine they gave him to do the scope we went home to update the rest of the family.

We were finally calming down when I was reminded of a bill that I needed to pay online. In the middle of doing my payment and MasterCard pop up screen came up asking for my debit card information, INCLUDING MY PIN NUMBER!

I did not think I just did it. Soon as I did it I thought WHY DID I DO THAT? I worked at a bank for 10 years and always told people never give anyone your pin number the bank does not need that information. Old people usually were the ones every now and then it would be someone who clearly should know better. WHY DID I DO THAT? I call the bank at the 800 number and suspended my card. So now I have to make a trip into the branch with photo ID to get a new card.

Stress will make you do some stupid things!


Anonymous said…
I WILL be calling you from work today! Probably my work number since it will be crazy!
Hillary said…
I said a prayer for you and your family. I'm so sorry! :(
Noelle said…
I am saying a prayer for your family.
Michelle said…
Here from Betty's blog. Keeping your family in my thoughts. Hoping everything works out ok.

Popular posts from this blog

I need Therapy

It's important to take time for yourself and I am one for telling others to do that for themselves but often i do not do this for myself.   I find that I am surrounded by people who need me to do things for them.  Nothing major things that they can do themselves but it is easier to get someone else to do it and i am that someone else.  Gail do this, gail do that.  Good grief!
There are times when I feel like I am just living my life.   Just making it  day after day, one day blends into the next one.  Don't really see accomplishments, advancements, forward movements. As a result i an feel a bit lost and out of sorts.  I feel the need for therapy. I have a bujo and in it i have schedule and routine for everyone and thing with the exception of me.  I discovered this when i took a moment to review the schedules and routines to figure out  why i was not getting any sewing projects completed, no practice time for watercolors and the crocheting and needlework was sitting in a  corner.…

Life in a Scheduling Room

It has been some time since I felt it necessary to say anything about my job.  However this is something that i need to address at this time.  My work associates range in ages and this diversity helps our department funtion in an ackward yet somewhat effective way.  One coworker who is very verbal about everything that goes wrong.  You know when she is not well because she is quiet and there are times when she is very focus on what she is doing and if that concentration is broken so is her silence.  For the most part this does not bother me except when she takes me out of my zone and then my work rhythm is interrupted.   I am sure i am guilty of doing the same to her i think everyone does.  Then there is next coworker a beautiful young lady that gives the impression of being younger than she actually is and so I have a tendency to feel like  need  to protect her.  That is something I had to stop doing it was not needed and i hope I did not offend her.  Her method working is not as pr…

Beyond Mesaure

My mother taught me to sew my clothes because I was bigger then the average girl.  Please note the word I used was bigger not taller.  This is what I heard from family and friends " wow you are getting big"  At the age of 11 or 12  big means fat not tall.  
When looking at picture of myself at that young age when I was getting bigger it turns out I was quite slim. My Uncle called my lean bean, because I was long and lankey. He was the only one who go the measurment correct and described me in a way that I preferred to big. 
Before going into High School I stood 5 feet 8 inches tall and when I graduated high schooL I grew another .75 inches taller.  I tell people I am 5 foot 9 inches tall.  I love being tall  I am not a fan of being big. 
My sister stands 5 foot4 inches tall and she remembers as she was growing being told she was big.  I guess my family does not use pharses like " my how you have grown" and instead use phrases such as  "Wow you are getting big!…