Skip to main content

A little confused

The red dress is finished! Yea! I think I did a beautiful job on making the neck opening square and the arm holes were stitched and then covered with lace which will be turn inside and hand stitched so that all you see is a clean finished edge. The hem is a narrow zigzag stitch which does not weight the dress down at all. So it should float as I walk by.

It does need a belt! So I will be searching for that and hopefully find one within the next couple of days. I have some red t strap sandals with a ½ inch heel so I should be comfortable all around in this dress.

The dress that I am working on now is the same pattern as the tan flower print dress that I made a while back. The fabric is cotton white and black. The print is black and looks like chain links or something that reminds me of chain links of a necklace. I want to do something creative. Sissy tells me to make the neckline v instead of scoop but I am not sure about that.

I have the zipper in the back and cannot decide if I am going to put some graphic shape appliqué on the front of it so it has been sitting since Monday night. Sissy has gone back home and Pap was released from the hospital last night. He is happy to be home but not happy about the heat.

This is what I was thinking about Sissy’s visit, some things just confused me.
Once she did find out that Pap was in the hospital she did not stay at his house with Short person (stepdaughter) she stayed at my house.
Of the 3 days that she was here she visited Pap only 1 of those days.
She stays in the house and watched DVD’s all day and then she went home.
Confusing.

My sister invited us to her house to eat dinner that she cooked on the grill Saturday and when we arrived she was not home. Hubby took it that she did not want his family to come to her house and that the invite was just for me. This is not the case because I asked my sister, before I even mention to my hubby, if the invite included sissy and short person and she told me it did. So when we were close to the house I called her to let her know that I was bringing some meat to put on the grill and to see if anything was already done because we were arriving hungry she told me they had already eaten and were at Frick Park and could meet us in about 30 minutes.

Sissy turn the car around stopped at KFC and then went back to the house to continue watching DVD’s.

I asked my sister about it and she really never answer my question so I am not finish with this subject . This is confusing and distressing because it makes no sense at all.

Back to what does makes sense, my dress should be finished tonight! Keep Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conversations, Lunch, and bathroom visits

What do these have to do with each other. They all take place at work and can be used to cause unnecessary problems. While at work I often conversate with a friend. This does not interfer with the preformance of the job. It gets done. Respecting other people conversation is key in working in a close environment. To stay out of someone else's conversation unless invited into the conversation. This is essential. If you overhear a conversation that has nothing to do with you , STAY OUT OF IT. LUNCH It is necessary to respect each other time to have lunch. When it is time for someone to go to lunch you do not leave your post under the gise of going to the bathroom. Also if it takes you 15 or more minutes to return from said bathroom visit, you are sick GO HOME! Noone else wants to catch your illness. If you are not ill. Save the type of bathroom visit for your lunch break. Bathroom visits It was already detail in the above. Oh well. We will have to deal with all these problem

My discovery!

As a little girl I did not play with dolls, did not play house. I climbed trees and explored how things worked. Tried to make my bike do things it was not meant to do. My mother complain when I was a toddler she would dress me in frilly dresses to play and I would prompty find mud or dirt. My mother and father had a loving relationship but I really did not see my father much. He worked the night shift. I had a close relationship with my mother. She taught me to crochet and make clothes. She kept a beautiful home and was a great cook. I felt that my father did not appreciate her enough so I decided that I would not get married and deal with someone who did not appreciate me. When my mother died it totally crippled my father. I realized just how much he appreciated her. When she first died he would just sit in a chair and just stare for hours. Finally I started talking to him and he revealed just how much he needed her. Then I decided that I should not get married because I wou

Estate Sales -Diary

Sydney Estate Sales has been had estate sales for the past 22 years in western PA. This was my first time going to an estate sale done by her. I will be keeping an eye on her website from this point on. There was a beautiful hallway mirror that I just loved. Some of the scroll work around the mirror was broken and it was extremely heavy but I just loved it. $10.00 I did not have my car and it was too heavy. So I did not get it. Lots of items that could be used in a tea party. I did get some Japanese china snack sets. Hand painted. There was also a mirror bar. At least I think it was a bar. The front door were touch release and inside were 2 glass shelves. not a single mirror broken or scratch or chipped. $25.00. Once again I could not carry it home other wise I know that would have been mine. So I am hoping that both of those items will still be available when she does her super sale on Jan 3. I will save my shopping money so I can get them or something better if possible. My sister t